Social Media Awareness and Safety
At Bronco Gymnastics, we advocate for responsible use of social media. We recommend that parents and friends keep athlete safety and privacy in mind and be aware of the personal information they are giving out.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap at the top.
- Tap Who can see your content.
- Below Account Privacy, tap to check the box next to Private Account.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu. …
- Scroll down and tap ‘Settings and Privacy’
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Under the ‘Audience and visibility’ section, click on the various options on the right updating each one. …
- If you want to make your posts private, tap on ‘Posts’.
You have control over who sees your content. This is by far the biggest benefit to setting your account to private. When your account is private, everything you post will be hidden from everyone who doesn’t follow you. If someone wants to follow you, they can, but they will not see anything until you approve them.
Other Reasons to Set your Social Media to Private
- Avoid Identity Theft
- Prevent Attracting Robbery
- Protect Employability/College Acceptance
- Protect Insurance
- Avoid Stalkers
- Keep business reputation in tact
- Reduce Rick of Oversharing
- Stay Safe Against Cyber threats
Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Instagram | Common Sense Media
What Are Some Basic Social Media Rules for Middle Schoolers? | Common Sense Media
What Are Some Basic Social Media Rules for High Schoolers? | Common Sense Media
What Are Some Basic Gaming and Social Media Rules for Elementary Schoolers? | Common Sense Media